We have been fitting flat roofs for a number or years now, we wanted to offer our customers a broader spectrum of flat roofing options and materials, especially a more cost effective solution. EPDM was the clear choice, outperforming most other types of material including fiberglass and especially bitumen felt, coupled with a good finished aesthetic and extremely long life (at least 50 but up to 125 years in extended tests).
We have a reputation for quality workmanship and doing things right so we so we only fit one type of material that we know works and will last. Our manufacturers guarantee lasts 20+ years (they will extend it as long as you want it) and our personal company guarantee is 20+ years on workmanship.
- All Flat Roofs recovered or repaired
- Outbuilding, shed or garage roofs
- Problem or leaky roofs – we will solve it
- Full roof build up including carpentry and insulation to building regulations standards.
- Roofline including Gutters, fascias and soffits installed. Please note we only undertake roofline services as part of a roof recovering.
- On tile roofs with a very shallow pitch below 18 degrees- EPDM is installed on ply on rafters then felt and battened on top
- Other waterproofing/ tanking
After your flat roof is fitted there are extra services available to upgrade your flat roof:
For roof terraces, balconies or roofs with access for use:
- Roof decking (wood or composite)
- Slabs or tiles laid
Inaccessible but visable roofs (or as an eco option to encourage wildlife)
Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, or EPDM, is a synthetic rubber that is extremely durable and used across a variety of applications.
- Extremely resistant to weather and extremes of temperature
- Long lasting- Extended tests have proven from 50 and up to 125 years
- Looks good- Compared to other flat roof materials
- Repels all moisture, snow and weather conditions
- Is flexible and easily bends with no stress, to follow the contours of the roof, upstands to walls, check curb edges
- Can stretch with up to 300% elongation, which easily accommodates building movement
- Will not tear, split or crack with age and has extremely puncture resistant
- Can be walked on or have decking or slabs installed on top
- Can have a green roof installed on top
- In excess of 1,000,000,000 (1 Billion) square meters installed worldwide
Now this is an important question, not all EPDM products are the same, we only use the thickest grade of EPDM coupled with a reinforced fleece backing, this is the most durable and aesthetically pleasing combination. Some contractors will use a thinner product without fleece backing, not only is this a less durable product, the lack of a fleece backing allows any fixings, joints etc from the ply deck below to show through the thin rubber which produces a poor finish. We use products from Rubberbond (Fleeceback) & Seal Eco’s SuperSeal.
Please follow this link to a Frequently Asked Questions by a manufacturer about Fleeceback EPDM and its benefits.